After a full evening of field work for our latest Lonely Speck production, the Milky Way floats above the yellow aspens and majestic evergreens of Thomas Creek in autumn in Reno, Nevada on October 22, 2014. The full image plus a video treat await those who continue to the full post.
On Photographing the Milky Way
We’re really excited about our new vignette, On Photographing the Milky Way, which we just finished up last night (right before Ian took the above still). Watch it on Vimeo, and see if you don’t get the urge to try your hand at Milky Way photography.
I hope you enjoyed this shot of the week! Check back next week or subscribe on the right for more great photos and videos from our travels.
This post was handcrafted for you during our travels in Reno, Nevada.
About the Author
- In March 2014, Diana called it quits on her traditional American working life and set out to explore the world with her partner in crime (and love of her life) Ian Norman. They now live a sustainable life of full time travel, working for themselves and seeking adventure at the same time. Here on North to South, Diana documents their journey in achieving and maintaining this "road less traveled" way of life.
- Travel Life2019.01.14Our Year in Review: New Heights, New Wheels, and a Refreshed Photography Focus 
- Travel Life2019.01.11We Bought a Van! And this is our plan…
- Travel Gear2018.11.20North to South’s Gear of the Year 2018
- Colorado2018.11.13A Magical Morning at Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge (Denver, Colorado)