I originally thought we had no photos from last week, but I took a second look and discovered this one, so now we’re playing catch-up again! My family’s Christmas tree went up on Thanksgiving night, with lights and ornaments following closely behind over the next couple days.
With winter approaching and darkness falling early, Ian and I have been spending a few hours each evening working and relaxing here in the living room at “The Hoof & Woof Ranch.” And, as we’ve actually seen quite a bit of rain here in Southern California lately, most of our photos from this week were taken indoors. This photo is actually a test shot Ian took on December 4th, shortly after the arrival of his new lens. But I like the warm colorful glow of the lights anyway, so with a little cropping I turned it into our shot of the week!
P.S. Some of those ornaments on the tree are as old as me!
I hope you enjoyed this shot of the week! Check back next week or subscribe on the right for more photos and videos from our travels.
This post was handcrafted for you during our travels in Simi Valley.
About the Author
- In March 2014, Diana called it quits on her traditional American working life and set out to explore the world with her partner in crime (and love of her life) Ian Norman. They now live a sustainable life of full time travel, working for themselves and seeking adventure at the same time. Here on North to South, Diana documents their journey in achieving and maintaining this "road less traveled" way of life.
- Travel Life2019.01.14Our Year in Review: New Heights, New Wheels, and a Refreshed Photography Focus 
- Travel Life2019.01.11We Bought a Van! And this is our plan…
- Travel Gear2018.11.20North to South’s Gear of the Year 2018
- Colorado2018.11.13A Magical Morning at Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge (Denver, Colorado)