Happy 2017, blog followers and fellow adventurers!
North to South is now nearly 3 years old, and wow, what an adventure it’s been! In 2016 we saw 263,000 new visitors here on North to South. (Impressive!) If you’re one of them, welcome! We’re so glad you’ve joined our adventure! Whether you’re a new reader or have been following our adventures from the very beginning when we quit our jobs to travel the world, THANK YOU! You’re a huge part of what makes blogging so fun and rewarding.
Want to know what our readers read most here on North to South? Countdown our 10 most popular blog posts of 2016 (some of which are surprisingly “old”) with us below!
But first, let’s talk about what’s new and popular!
Most Popular NEW Blog Posts of 2016
Not yet as popular as my older posts with “staying power,” these were our most popular posts that we published in 2016:
- Things to Do Year-Round in and Around Anchorage, Alaska (4.1K views)
- Cliff Jumping at South Point (Big Island, Hawaii, USA) (2.9K views)
- Our Spring 2016 Europe Trip Itinerary (2.5K views)
- Two Months, Twelve Countries, One Bag: How We Backpacked Light in Europe (1.4K views)
- Europe Trip Planning: How to Get Around Europe for Cheap (1K views)
- Burning Man 2016: Portraits of a Camp (1K views)
Now let’s get to the bigger numbers.
Most Popular Overall Blog Posts of 2016
Scroll down to countdown North to South’s top 10 list of 2016!
Publish date: August 19, 2014 / Total views in 2016: 4.2K
Publish date: April 10, 2015 / Total views in 2016: 4.6K
Publish date: July 7, 2015 / Total views in 2016: 5.4K
Publish date: July 16, 2014 / Total views in 2016: 6.2K
Publish date: February 28, 2015 / Total views in 2016: 7K
Sony RX100 III Review: Why It’s the Best Travel Camera I’ve Ever Had (and Why I Sold my a6000 to Buy It)
Publish date: May 6, 2015 / Total views in 2016: 8.7K
Publish date: October 21, 2015 / Total views in 2016: 14.2K
Publish date: May 2, 2014 / Total views in 2016: 15.7K
Publish date: March 2, 2014; updated automatically / Total views in 2016: 22K
Publish date: January 2, 2015; updated periodically / Total views in 2016: 228K
In case you didn’t notice, not a single post on this list was actually published in 2016. And several are even repeats from last year. It’s crazy how it takes awhile for things to catch on — and amazing how an old post can remain so popular year after year. I can’t wait to see which of our 2016-published posts become popular over the coming years!
Thanks again to all of our readers for another fantastic year of blogging.
Want to see which of our blog posts were most popular in 2015? Check them out here:
Keep us company in the new year!
About the Author
- In March 2014, Diana called it quits on her traditional American working life and set out to explore the world with her partner in crime (and love of her life) Ian Norman. They now live a sustainable life of full time travel, working for themselves and seeking adventure at the same time. Here on North to South, Diana documents their journey in achieving and maintaining this "road less traveled" way of life.
- Iceland2019.05.11Hanna Mia’s Icelandic Music and Storytelling: The best reviewed experience in Iceland lives up to its ratings
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.04.17[VIDEO] Camper Van Build Tour
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.04.11Camper Van Update: Our First Trip!
- Books and Reading2019.01.2119 Books to Inspire You to Follow Your Dreams, Be Yourself, and Get Sh*t Done in the New Year