I studied advertising and graphic design in college, but I never had any interest in working for an agency. Crappy starting positions. Crappy pay. No fun. No thank you.
In my traditional working years, I opted for full-time in-house marketing gigs. I learned something from each, but my heart wasn’t in it because I wasn’t in charge. So my own marketing business has been a dream for a long time. The idea was born several years back, right after college graduation, but a full-time job and a multitude of other distractions placed my business idea on the back burner… until NOW.
If you’ve been pondering starting a business so you can live a nomadic lifestyle like us, you’ll want to read this! I’ve got some tips to share with you.
The Story of How It Started
Just one week ago, I randomly got the motivation to finally set up my business website. I bought a domain and made it happen. I’m pretty amazed at what I accomplished in one week — and only working five of those days!
I’ve been inspired by some entrepreneur meet-ups we’ve been attending during our time in Chicago this month. Being amongst a creative crowd made me realize I’d completely forgotten about my marketing business idea. But now, after 18 months of full-time blogging and immersion in the WordPress world, creating 7+ of our own blogs/websites — on top of my education and experience in marketing and design — yeah… launching my marketing business NOW was a no-brainer.
So, with a massive wave of motivation, after just ONE WEEK of hard work, I’m officially ready to launch.
Allow me to introduce you to my new marketing business!
Boost Marketing by Diana — Now accepting clients!
Our Marketing Services and Specialties
Ian and I will be combining our design, photography, and web skills all together in this business.
But our main focus, at least to start, will include:
We’ll be operating almost entirely via video chat, unless we happen to pick up a client in the same vicinity as us.
Free Marketing Tips for New Bloggers and Business Owners
I’ll also be publishing free blogging and marketing tips regularly on the site.
These should be helpful reads for those of you considering starting a nomadic business of your own. I’ve already written four articles to start with.
Check them out, and let me know what you think!
- Intro to Bootstrap Marketing: 3 Free Ways to Start Marketing Your Blog or Business
- How to Be Your Own Boss (without driving yourself crazy)
- Reading List: 6 Awesome Ebooks to Help Boost Your Blog
- How Much Does it Cost to Start and Run a Blog?
Limited Time Offer — Website Setup for $99
To celebrate my launch, I’m offering a special website deal: just $99 for a simple website launch.
So if you or anyone you know needs a website for their new business, you know where to find me! More details here >>
My Goals for Boost’s First Week
Success is faster reached when you’re setting goals, so I’m aiming to get 7 clients in my first week.
One client per day. That’s reasonable, right?
…And Boost’s First Year
Beyond week one, I’d like to help others launch 100 blogs or websites this year.
If you could help me spread the word about Boost to anyone you know who’s starting a new blog or business, I would really really appreciate it! The website is easy to remember: boost.marketing (yep, “boost dot marketing” — did you know “.marketing” was a domain extension?) My goals are ambitious, but I know I can reach them with your help!
Like Boost on Facebook
I’ve just launched a brand new Facebook page for Boost. It has one measly like (and yes… it’s me).
Even if you have no marketing needs of your own, you can show your support by liking our new page! We’ll be posting all of our free marketing and blog/business start-up tips there. You won’t want to miss those, right? 😉
I welcome any feedback or questions you may have. Please feel welcome to share in the comments or contact me directly. Thanks for reading, and as always, thanks for your support!
About the Author
- In March 2014, Diana called it quits on her traditional American working life and set out to explore the world with her partner in crime (and love of her life) Ian Norman. They now live a sustainable life of full time travel, working for themselves and seeking adventure at the same time. Here on North to South, Diana documents their journey in achieving and maintaining this "road less traveled" way of life.
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.08.13✧ A Lonely Lakeside Campsite in Little Salmon River and Our Luxury #VanLifeGoals ✧
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.08.07☆ Starry Nights with the Ones I Love ☆
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.08.07North to South’s VanLife Chronicles
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.07.155 Exciting New Additions to Our Van