“Wait, what?… How did you….?” This is the typical response we hear when someone sees these photos.
Last weekend, we were invited to Acapulco by our new Mexican friends Rodrigo and Lu, and we met Mónica (the one pictured here) along the way. The five of us had an eventful weekend, complete with ocean splashing and wedding crashing, and the last sunset of our visit found us along the shore with bellies full of fish (we had a delicious dinner beforehand) and a plan to make some fun levitation portraits.
We raced the setting sun to capture the perfect shot, with no time to pause to review our results. In the end, we had some great shots to choose from. And let me tell you, that’s impressive — it’s damn hard to look relaxed when you’re floating four feet above the ground. This week’s post wouldn’t be complete without a photo of each of us being “enchanted by the sea,” so continue on to view them all!
Want to know how to make a levitation photo? Find out in our tutorial here.
I think we succeeded in our levitation portrait endeavor, but I’ll let you be the judge. Do you think we pulled it off? Which one’s your favorite?
Want to see more? View our previous shot of the week posts here.
This post was handcrafted just for you during our travels in Mexico.
About the Author
- In March 2014, Diana called it quits on her traditional American working life and set out to explore the world with her partner in crime (and love of her life) Ian Norman. They now live a sustainable life of full time travel, working for themselves and seeking adventure at the same time. Here on North to South, Diana documents their journey in achieving and maintaining this "road less traveled" way of life.
- Books and Reading2019.01.2119 Books to Inspire You to Follow Your Dreams, Be Yourself, and Get Sh*t Done in the New Year
- Travel Life2019.01.14Our Year in Review: New Heights, New Wheels, and a Refreshed Photography Focus 
- Travel Life2019.01.11We Bought a Van! And this is our plan…
- Travel Gear2018.11.20North to South’s Gear of the Year 2018