On the second of the two days my brothers were visiting us in Berlin, Germany, we happened upon the Berlin Zoo. We arrived around 3 in the afternoon, which, lucky for us, seemed to be feeding time for all the animals!
Literally within 60 seconds of entering the zoo, we were greeted by a rhino taking a huge post-meal poo. We saw hippos chowing down on some grass and carrots, fruit-eating bats(!!!), massive birds tossing mice in the air and gulping them down whole, giraffes chewing on leaves, a sloth bear working all the mysterious pink food goo out of the crevices of a rock, a variety of monkeys swinging around and playing with their food, and maybe the best part: these hilarious (or awful?) sounding sheep.
Bring your coins, ladies and gentlemen. You’ll want to buy some food to feed these things and get them to shut up!
At €13 per adult ticket, I’d say the price was worth it. (Did I mention there’s WOLVES, too? One of those scored itself a crow!)
…though I still can’t decide if this is the worst or most hilarious sound I’ve ever heard come from an animal. What do you think?
About the Author
- In March 2014, Diana called it quits on her traditional American working life and set out to explore the world with her partner in crime (and love of her life) Ian Norman. They now live a sustainable life of full time travel, working for themselves and seeking adventure at the same time. Here on North to South, Diana documents their journey in achieving and maintaining this "road less traveled" way of life.
- Travel Life2020.01.31Our Year in Review: Van Living, Chasing Landscapes, and Seeking Balance 
- Europe2020.01.01Norwegian Air’s interactive route map is my new favorite toy!
- Europe2020.01.01How to Fly from the U.S. to Europe for Under $200 [Budget Travel Secrets]
- Travel Gear2019.11.13Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Inflatable Tandem Kayak [REVIEW]