I’ll start this post with a shout-out to Tiffany, our friend who lives in Victoria. She gave us a ton of options of things to do during our visit this week which kept us happily entertained and well fed, and it allowed us to see a lot of the area.
Visiting Victoria was a bit of a spontaneous decision (we were in the Seattle area, and we figured why not?), so we only spent three days there. While we couldn’t finish every item on this list, we had a ton of fun doing what we did (those items have a *). So now I’m passing the list along to you NTS readers. Here are a few options, for every price range:
Take a walk, spot a peacock, or head down to the rocky shore south of the park to gaze at the sea.
A colorful little community of homes at Fisherman’s Wharf with easy-to-spot seals
Don’t want to pay for the pricey Butchart Gardens? Enjoy this alternative at UVic. And you may spot some bunnies that escaped the great round-up!
Safely meander the railed breakwater, or walk along the exterior, to the lighthouse.
- Explore the outdoors
$10 or under
- Try poutine*
Originating in Quebec, this curd and gravy fry covering has now spread across Canada.
A less expensive visit to the castle; visit the museum, too, for free!
- Grab a beer at a local microbrewery
$11 – $20
The filming location for many TV shows and films including X-Men; call ahead to confirm hours and check the closure schedule for private events.
For those preferring some flutter around the flowers.
- Breakfast Time in a Breakfast Town
- Local eats with a view
$21 – $50
Another seal spotting opportunity, or explore the harbor. We preferred seals.
We didn’t make it here on this trip, but we’ve heard good things.
- Evening Cocktails
In the mood for a fancy afternoon? Dress is “casually elegant” for this activity; reservations recommended.
Skip the boat charter fees with a shore dive around Ogden Point.
- Spa Day Dip and Dine
Relax with a mineral pool dip plus endless tapas at Tigh-Na-Mara‘s treetop restaurant.
Thanks again, to our friend Tiffany, for recommending almost every single item on this list!
Do you have any suggestions for things to do in Victoria or have you tried anything on this list? Please share your advice and experiences in the comments below!
This article was handcrafted for you from our HAFH in Mercer Island, Washington. Hope you enjoyed it!
About the Author
- In March 2014, Diana called it quits on her traditional American working life and set out to explore the world with her partner in crime (and love of her life) Ian Norman. They now live a sustainable life of full time travel, working for themselves and seeking adventure at the same time. Here on North to South, Diana documents their journey in achieving and maintaining this "road less traveled" way of life.
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.04.17[VIDEO] Camper Van Build Tour
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.04.11Camper Van Update: Our First Trip!
- Books and Reading2019.01.2119 Books to Inspire You to Follow Your Dreams, Be Yourself, and Get Sh*t Done in the New Year
- Travel Life2019.01.14Our Year in Review: New Heights, New Wheels, and a Refreshed Photography Focus