The very first thing I was dying to do in Chicago this spring was to go find the goslings in Lincoln Park. More and more I’ve been getting into wildlife photography, and with a new camera and lens to test out, I was eager to head out in the warm weather to shoot.
This would be our second spring in Chicago, and I remembered spotting the goslings in the park last year very near to our new condo.
This year, it took a little more searching, but as we made our way around North Pond, we were greeted with sightings of more than just baby geese. Don’t get me wrong — the goslings were definitely the highlight — but I’d have still been happy if we hadn’t seen these cute little fuzz-balls, because the park was teeming with life!
Squirrels, bunnies, spring flowers, a heron, ducklings, turtles and a large gaggle of adolescent geese all made appearances before we found the fuzzy yellow babies playing in the puddles around the southwest bend of the pond.
They waddled around snacking on grass and digging their bills around in the water for a good fifteen minutes until they were too tired to go on.
Then it was time for a nap.
I found the lens easy to use and surprisingly lightweight for its size, and I was constantly amazed at my success rate for in-focus shots of all the animals. It was so nice to have such an easy day of shooting!
Ian and I are both currently working on reviews of my new gear, so stay tuned for the full scoop!
About the Author
- In March 2014, Diana called it quits on her traditional American working life and set out to explore the world with her partner in crime (and love of her life) Ian Norman. They now live a sustainable life of full time travel, working for themselves and seeking adventure at the same time. Here on North to South, Diana documents their journey in achieving and maintaining this "road less traveled" way of life.
- Travel Life2020.01.31Our Year in Review: Van Living, Chasing Landscapes, and Seeking Balance 
- Europe2020.01.01Norwegian Air’s interactive route map is my new favorite toy!
- Europe2020.01.01How to Fly from the U.S. to Europe for Under $200 [Budget Travel Secrets]
- Travel Gear2019.11.13Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Inflatable Tandem Kayak [REVIEW]