With the new year upon us, it’s the perfect time to start making travel plans. That’s how we’re kicking off 2020, so today I began consulting with our favorite low-cost international airline to see what deals I could find for flying to Europe.
While perusing Norwegian.com, I discovered a new tool that makes searching flights easier. A new interactive route map lets you select your departure airport, set your budget, and choose your destination type — you can even set a temperature range for your destination.
To accompany this new tool are some new routes and low prices.
I was happy to see some good deals flying out of Chicago, which is a pretty big deal as it’s Norwegian’s first midwestern U.S. departure point.
There are considerably more options from airports in the northeast (New York, Boston), Florida, and on the west coast (Lost Angeles, the Bay Area, and Seattle). Austin and Denver have flights now, too.
If you’ve got the travel bug, I highly recommend you book soon, particularly if you want to travel during a peak time like summer or if you want to travel soon. If you’re looking at October, you’ve probably got some time to think about it before you pull the trigger.
Read more about traveling to Europe on a budget in How to Fly from the U.S. to Europe for Under $200, which I’ve just updated for the new year.
I’m keeping this post short and sweet. I just wanted to quickly share this new tool with you while routes are still new and prices are amazing, so you can get a head start on your travel plans for the year. If the route map isn’t your favorite way to search, you can view available flights on a list instead.
Have fun perusing your flight options and planning your trips, but don’t wait too long. Prices don’t last for the most popular travel times.
Happy travels in the new year!
About the Author
- In March 2014, Diana called it quits on her traditional American working life and set out to explore the world with her partner in crime (and love of her life) Ian Norman. They now live a sustainable life of full time travel, working for themselves and seeking adventure at the same time. Here on North to South, Diana documents their journey in achieving and maintaining this "road less traveled" way of life.
- Europe2020.01.01Norwegian Air’s interactive route map is my new favorite toy!
- Europe2020.01.01How to Fly from the U.S. to Europe for Under $200 [Budget Travel Secrets]
- Travel Gear2019.11.13Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Inflatable Tandem Kayak [REVIEW]
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.08.13✧ A Lonely Lakeside Campsite in Little Salmon River and Our Luxury #VanLifeGoals ✧