It’s been one week since our return to the Default World, so it’s high time for some Burning Man photo sharing here on the blog. Our fellow burners are mostly what makes Black Rock City feel like home, so it’s only appropriate that our first Burning Man recap highlights the people.
Sunset photo shoots with our burner friends have become tradition after a second successful year of playa portraits. When the light’s just right, Ian grabs his camera and we round up anyone in ear shot. From year to year our camp roster may change but never fails to express its wild and friendly spirit during these spontaneous photo excursions into the dust.
So, from Ian and I to our fellow campmates and friends (and our fondly yet peculiarly named camp), this one’s for you.
To everyone else, meet the 2014 cast of Prosciutto Bay.
MEET CAMP PROSCIUTTO BAY
THE LADIES OF PROSCIUTTO BAY
THE MEN OF PROSCIUTTO BAY
Our camp happened to have several couples this year, so we couldn’t help but take the opportunity to pose for some fun couples shots, playa style.
Our camp’s shade structure, designed by Ian and Dave in 2011, is 15′ high at its center point. Constructed from recycled billboard tarps, it provides a patchy 1600 square feet of shade. This structure has now survived four years in a row at Burning Man and hasn’t once blown away.
MORE FUNS AND SILLIES
A FEW CLOSING NOTES
I hope you enjoyed this post. Almost all photos you see here were taken by Ian Norman with the Sony A7S and directed by me at Burning Man 2014. (One photo was taken by me, two were taken by the one we call Schnitzel, and one photo is actually from Burning Man 2012. I’ll let you ask me if you can’t figure out which is which. No animals were harmed during the course of this shoot. One lightstand was nearly destroyed, but we won’t get into that…)
- Camera: Sony a7S
- Lens: Voigtlander 40mm f/1.4 Nokton
- Flash: Yongnuo YN-560 III
- Trigger: Yongnuo RF-603 II
Please share your thoughts in the comments below!
LIKE THIS POST? PIN IT!
About the Author
- In March 2014, Diana called it quits on her traditional American working life and set out to explore the world with her partner in crime (and love of her life) Ian Norman. They now live a sustainable life of full time travel, working for themselves and seeking adventure at the same time. Here on North to South, Diana documents their journey in achieving and maintaining this "road less traveled" way of life.
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.08.13✧ A Lonely Lakeside Campsite in Little Salmon River and Our Luxury #VanLifeGoals ✧
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.08.07☆ Starry Nights with the Ones I Love ☆
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.08.07North to South’s VanLife Chronicles
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.07.155 Exciting New Additions to Our Van