We’ve been spending this past week up around Lake Tahoe, and it’s been amazing! Since it hasn’t been brutally cold this trip, we’ve enjoyed the outdoors quite a bit: skiing, flying in a seaplane, taking photos… it’s been super relaxing. (And our little Yaris is doing just fine with no snow or ice on the roads!) When choosing this week’s photo, I wanted to share the chilly, calm feeling of winter in Lake Tahoe, and I think this shot captures it perfectly.
This week’s shot is a photo of me that Ian took this afternoon. We were out shooting photos near the infamous Bonsai Rock along the eastern shore of Lake Tahoe. (Said rock is the large rock on the left side of the photo. It’s hard to see with the lack of light, but there’s a small tree growing out of the top of the rock, giving Bonsai Rock its name.) While Ian took photos, I had a good time rock-hopping like a 5-year-old! And with the low lake level this season, my favorite winter boots kept my feet dry when I landed in the water near the shore.
The above photo was taken with the Sony a7s and Sony E 10-18 f/4 OSS and edited with the Down preset from The Quantum Collection, our free pack of Lightroom presets available beginning February 10, 2015 on our new photo website, The Photon Collective.
In other news, I’m starting to get into video editing to better share our travels with our followers. Check out our skiing video from this past Sunday at Kirkwood Mountain Resort. I’d love to hear what you think of it!
I hope you enjoyed this shot of the week! Check back next week or subscribe on the right for more photos and videos from our travels.
This post was handcrafted for you during our travels in Lake Tahoe.
About the Author
- In March 2014, Diana called it quits on her traditional American working life and set out to explore the world with her partner in crime (and love of her life) Ian Norman. They now live a sustainable life of full time travel, working for themselves and seeking adventure at the same time. Here on North to South, Diana documents their journey in achieving and maintaining this "road less traveled" way of life.
- Travel Life2020.01.31Our Year in Review: Van Living, Chasing Landscapes, and Seeking Balance 
- Europe2020.01.01Norwegian Air’s interactive route map is my new favorite toy!
- Europe2020.01.01How to Fly from the U.S. to Europe for Under $200 [Budget Travel Secrets]
- Travel Gear2019.11.13Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Inflatable Tandem Kayak [REVIEW]