German Greetings, Goodbyes + Introductions
Hallo – Hello
Guten Morgen – Good morning
Guten Tag – Good day / Good afternoon
Auf Wiedersehen – Goodbye
Gute nacht – Good night
Ich bin _______. – I am __________.
Wie ist Ihr Name? – What’s your name?
German Pleases and Thank Yous
Danke – Thank you
Dankeschön – Thank you (more formal)
Bitte – Please / You’re welcome / Here you go / May I help you? / Pardon?
1 – ein
2 – zwei
3 – drei
4 – vier
5 – fünf
6 – sechs
7 – sieben
8 – acht
9 – neun
10 – zehn
Wie viel kostet es? – How much does it cost?
German Cities + Places
Deutschland – Germany
Dom – Cathedral
Other Common German Phrases to know
Sprechen Sie Englisch? – Do you speak English?
Genau – Exaclty
Ach so – Oh / I see
About the Author
- In March 2014, Diana called it quits on her traditional American working life and set out to explore the world with her partner in crime (and love of her life) Ian Norman. They now live a sustainable life of full time travel, working for themselves and seeking adventure at the same time. Here on North to South, Diana documents their journey in achieving and maintaining this "road less traveled" way of life.
- Travel Life2020.01.31Our Year in Review: Van Living, Chasing Landscapes, and Seeking Balance 
- Europe2020.01.01Norwegian Air’s interactive route map is my new favorite toy!
- Europe2020.01.01How to Fly from the U.S. to Europe for Under $200 [Budget Travel Secrets]
- Travel Gear2019.11.13Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Inflatable Tandem Kayak [REVIEW]