German Greetings, Goodbyes + Introductions
Hallo – Hello
Guten Morgen – Good morning
Guten Tag – Good day / Good afternoon
Auf Wiedersehen – Goodbye
Gute nacht – Good night
Ich bin _______. – I am __________.
Wie ist Ihr Name? – What’s your name?
German Pleases and Thank Yous
Danke – Thank you
Dankeschön – Thank you (more formal)
Bitte – Please / You’re welcome / Here you go / May I help you? / Pardon?
1 – ein
2 – zwei
3 – drei
4 – vier
5 – fünf
6 – sechs
7 – sieben
8 – acht
9 – neun
10 – zehn
Wie viel kostet es? – How much does it cost?
German Cities + Places
Deutschland – Germany
Dom – Cathedral
Other Common German Phrases to know
Sprechen Sie Englisch? – Do you speak English?
Genau – Exaclty
Ach so – Oh / I see
About the Author
- In March 2014, Diana called it quits on her traditional American working life and set out to explore the world with her partner in crime (and love of her life) Ian Norman. They now live a sustainable life of full time travel, working for themselves and seeking adventure at the same time. Here on North to South, Diana documents their journey in achieving and maintaining this "road less traveled" way of life.
- Iceland2019.05.11Hanna Mia’s Icelandic Music and Storytelling: The best reviewed experience in Iceland lives up to its ratings
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.04.17[VIDEO] Camper Van Build Tour
- Ford Transit Camper Van2019.04.11Camper Van Update: Our First Trip!
- Books and Reading2019.01.2119 Books to Inspire You to Follow Your Dreams, Be Yourself, and Get Sh*t Done in the New Year